To Our Residents and Family Members:
We want to provide you with an update on the situation at Fiddler’s Green Manor regarding the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, including the number confirmed cases as well as efforts we are undertaking. The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within Fiddler’s Green Manor
Since May 8, 2020 (when the federal government issued reporting requirements), we have had three residents and four staff with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and all have since recovered.
Here is a more detailed update regarding the prevalence of COVID-19 in our facility, as of 6/12/2020
- One resident is currently confirmed COVID-19. When a resident tests positive, we notify residents and their representative(s) of their condition and implement protocols for their care and treatment. We also follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including return to work guidance, for staff that test positive.
- Residents and staff have recovered from COVID-19.
- Residents and staff have tested negative for COVID-19.
Fiddler’s Green Manor is staying in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances. We are also following guidance from the CDC and CMS to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Enhanced infection control precautions
- Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for symptoms
- Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
- Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
- Postponing or carefully limiting communal activities including social distancing and other infection control precautions
- Education for Staff and residents on how to protect themselves against COVID 19
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, unless they are your family member and you have the necessary permissions to receive such information.
We know you are concerned about your loved one, but it is crucial that we restrict visitation to reduce the spread of this virus to others. We will contact you directly if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We also understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones through video chat, calling, texting, or on social media. Please contact Eric Wozniak for more information or to schedule a video visit.
Ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID is to assist by reducing the number of clothing and belongings in rooms. There are many items cluttering rooms while sanitizing against COVID 19. To reduce potential contamination, removing items would help. We have sanitized or washed items already. Please, if possible, make arrangements to pick up out of season items as these items and extra clothing which have been boxed to reduce possible contamination. Call Paula Hansen to make arrangements to pick up items.
We need your help in battling COVID-19. Please visit the CDC website (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus) to learn how you can help prevent the spread in our community, since continued spread in the larger community increases the chance the virus will work its way into our building.
This is a difficult time for everyone. We will continue to provide you with updates. Please know that we are adhering to guidelines from the local and state health departments, which continue to evolve as we learn more about this virus.
We know that you may have questions and we encourage you to contact our center. Please call us at 716-592-4781 or visit our website for updates on COVID 19 or for the status of your loved one.
Thank you for your continued support, words of kindness and gifts. This has meant so much to everyone here at Fiddler’s Green Manor.
Be well and stay safe.
Heather A. Morin
Fiddler’s Green Manor Administrator